Things to know
As of July 28, 2019 you’ll pay $13.25 to report the sale of your vehicle. There’s no fee to report the sale of a boat.
- Remove license plates from the vehicle
- Find out why you should file
- Gather the information you’ll need
- File your report
- Update your Good-to-Go! account, if needed
1. Remove license plates from the vehicle
By removing your license plates, it encourages the new owner to transfer ownership. Leaving the plates increases your risk of impound costs, traffic infractions, Good to Go! tickets, and other liabilities.
2. Find out why you should file
You need to file a report of sale when you sell, donate or give up ownership of a vehicle (cars, trucks, motorcycles, motorhomes, registered off-road vehicles, travel trailers, boat trailers, etc.)
Filing will protect you from being held liable for towing charges or civil and