Submitted by: Rachel Zindler
In this lesson plan, which is adaptable for grades K through 3, students use BrainPOP Jr. resources to learn how to use a variety of strategies to subtract small numbers. They will also learn about fact families while working collaboratively in independent groups.
- Learn how to use a variety of strategies to subtract small numbers
- Learn about fact families
- Work collaboratively in independent groups
- Computers (enough for at least 1/4 the class to work in pairs on computers at the same time).
- Class set of copies of the following pages from the Basic Subtraction Movie: Activity sheets, Game Sheet and spinners, Write About it, Print Notebook, and Easy and Hard Quizzes.
- Interactive whiteboard or chart paper for the “Talk about it” web.
subtract; difference; fact family; number line; – (minus sign). Note – all included in Word Wall from Basic Subtraction movie.