Table of Contents
- 1 Residential Internet Providers in Delray Beach, FL
- 2 Fastest Internet Providers in Delray Beach, FL
- 3 How do I find the cheapest internet option in Delray Beach?
Bundled Cable Plans and Pricing in Delray Beach
- 4.1 How can I compare the major internet providers in Delray Beach?
- 4.2 What do I need to keep in mind when moving to Delray Beach?
- 4.3 Installation Fees in Delray Beach
- 4.4 How much data do you need for your home or business internet in Delray Beach?
- 4.5 What are the most-connected neighborhoods in Delray Beach?
- 4.6 Internet Statistics for Delray Beach, Florida
There are 13 business and/or enterprise internet providers in Boynton Beach offering a variety of connection types, including cable, DSL, fiber, and copper.
Residential Internet Providers in Delray Beach, FL
|Provider||Starting Price||Speed Range||Type Of Internet||Coverage Availability|
|Xfinity||$20/mo.||50-1200 Mbps||Cable||98% Cable|
|EarthLink||$49.95/mo.||12-1000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||97% DSL and Fiber|
|AT&T Internet||$35/mo.||75-1000 Mbps||IPBB and Fiber||94% IPBB and Fiber|
|Hotwire Communications||$109.99/mo.||50-10000 Mbps||Fiber||9% Fiber|
The table above summarizes Delray Beach internet providers with
the greatest coverage locally.
Fastest Internet Providers in Delray Beach, FL
|Provider||Maximum Speed||Price Range|
|AT&T Internet||1000 Mbps||$35-60/mo.|
|T-Mobile Home Internet||115 Mbps||$50-55/mo.|
The providers above offer the fastest download speeds currently available to Delray Beach residents.
What type of internet is available in Delray Beach?
In Delray Beach, residents and businesses have an abundant range of options to choose from in regards to internet service types. These include DSL, Cable, Fiber-Optic, Fixed Wireless, and Satellite.
- DSL: DSL is a low-cost, reliable option that runs via phone lines and offers internet speeds suitable for light usage.
- Cable: Cable internet service offers higher speeds than DSL, and is powered through cable lines. It is a very common choice for internet service in Delray Beach.
- Fiber-Optic: The fastest internet option in Delray Beach, fiber-optic internet offers gigabit speeds, delivered by strands of glass.
- Satellite: In Delray Beach, an additional option for internet service is satellite, which delivers internet via satellite dish. This option is best for those without access to wired broadband or those wanting to add internet to their boat or RV.
While these are the main types of internet service available in Delray Beach, it should be known that all types may not be available or accessible in every area of Delray Beach.
How do I find the cheapest internet option in Delray Beach?
There are a total of 24 internet providers in Delray Beach, catering to residential areas and businesses. Among these are 11 residential providers and 13 business providers. The lowest-priced plans are available from Xfinity, Blue Stream and AT&T Fiber, with prices starting at $20/month.
Cheapest internet in Delray Beach
Xfinity—$20/mo. for up to 50 Mbps
AT&T Internet—$35/mo. for up to 300 Mbps
HughesNet—$39.99/mo. for up to 25 Mbps
EarthLink—$49.95/mo. for up to 12 Mbps
Viasat Internet—$49.99/mo. for up to 12 Mbps
* Price is per month before fees for length of contract. Price may be a promotion and is not
guaranteed. Review final price and terms before choosing an internet provider.
How Much Internet Speed Do I Need In Delray Beach?
Delray Beach is a diverse city located in Palm Beach County, Florida. It is home to young professionals, retirees, young families, and students. With a thriving downtown area and a sprawling suburban scene, Delray Beach residents require reliable and fast internet options. Although fiber internet is not as available as other types of internet service, its popularity is growing.
For internet users who only browse the internet lightly and/or live in a small household, an internet speed of 25 Mbps is adequate. For those with higher demands, such as gamers or those who stream constantly, a minimum of 100 Mbps is ideal. Internet speeds of 1000 Mbps is highly recommended for families or households with multiple, frequent internet users, as well as businesses.
Below are the recommended download speeds based on frequent internet
activities and the residential providers in Delray Beach that
offer these speeds.
|Recommended Speeds||Type of Internet Activities||Internet Providers in Delray Beach|
How do I find the fastest internet in Delray Beach?
The fastest internet service options in Delray Beach are provided by Xfinity and AT&T Fiber, who offer speeds up to 1200 Mbps along with no data caps. A benefit of choosing a fiber internet is having symmetrical download and upload speeds.
Should I bundle TV or phone service in Delray Beach?
If you are interested in bundling your TV and/or phone with your internet services, there are two providers in Delray Beach that offer this service: Viasat Internet and HughesNet. AT&T offers select TV and internet bundles, while Xfinity offers a wide array of bundled plans that can include internet, TV, phone, and home security. Bundling offers the benefits of saving on each service and the convenience of having several services on one bill.
Bundled Cable Plans and Pricing in Delray Beach
|Internet Providers in Delray Beach||Services||Price Range of Bundles|
|AT&T Internet||Internet + TV||$109.99-129.99/mo.|
How can I compare the major internet providers in Delray Beach?
If you’re shopping for internet service in Delray Beach, FL, there are a variety of factors you should consider when comparing internet providers to understand how they can best meet your needs. Here is a look at the most important factors.
- Price: Price is a serious consideration, as it will be a monthly expense. Be sure to factor in potential installation and equipment fees.
- Speed: Internet speeds can vary and with them, the price and plan options will as well. While some providers offer contract-free or unlimited data for their highest speed tiers, you’re more likely to save money by paying for the speed you need.
- Data Caps: For less demanding internet needs, a data cap may have no effect on their internet browsing. Heavier usage, though, would require a higher (or no) data cap.
- Contracts: The majority of internet plans require contracts, and many have early termination fees if contracts are broken.
What do I need to keep in mind when moving to Delray Beach?
If you are considering moving to the sunny, vivacious city of Delray Beach, whether to enjoy the relaxing beach lifestyle, work in the downtown business scene, or to have close proximity to universities like Florida Atlantic University, there are a variety of factors to consider regarding your internet service. Particularly if you plan on leaving your current plan and switching to a new one.
Some providers may offer to transfer your existing service to your new location, if they offer service there. Xfinity and AT&T, the most available providers that serve the Delray area, may be able to transfer your service.
If you are not able to transfer your service, you may face early termination fees that can be costly. For example, with certain providers, early termination fees can be as high as $325. With others, it costs $15 for every month not fulfilled on the contract. Early termination fees in Delray Beach cost between $0-400.
Contracts are another aspect to consider, particularly if you do not intend on being in Delray Beach for an extended amount of time. Most major internet providers in Delray Beach require 1-2 years contracts to lock any deals offered.
Installation Fees in Delray Beach
Depending on the internet service you select, there may be options regarding the type of installation and therefore, the accompanying fees. Providers charge different prices for self-installation, professional installation and may waive installation fees altogether depending on the plan you select. For example, with certain fiber internet plans from AT&T, installation is included without an additional cost. This may not be the case for all plans. If so, know that professional installation fees in Delray Beach cost between $0 to $99.
How much data do you need for your home or business internet in Delray Beach?
Business and individual internet needs may vary, however, if you are trying to gauge your internet data requirement, take into consideration how you use the internet. For constant streaming, heavy-duty gaming, or for downloading/uploading large files, having a higher data cap, or no data cap would be best. Internet service providers with no data caps in the Delray Beach area include Viasat Internet and EarthLink.
What are the most-connected neighborhoods in Delray Beach?
In Delray Beach, while a variety of types of internet service are available to residential and business customers, including DSL, cable, fiber-optic, satellite, and copper, the most-connected neighborhoods are Gulf Stream, Kings Point, and High Point. The most available internet providers are Xfinity and EarthLink, however, where it is available, fiber internet is highly-sought-after due to its high speed and performance capabilities.
Internet Statistics for Delray Beach, Florida
Delray Beach currently stands as the 167th most internet-connected city in the state of Florida. It is ahead of neighboring towns, . In regards to digital inclusivity, approximately 0.99% of all residents in Delray Beach have access to multiple wired internet providers. Fiber-optic internet availability is slowly catching on, as currently 26 percent of the city has access to fiber service. Approximately 1,000 people have limited wired internet access, with only one or fewer providers available to them.